Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I'm getting divorced and will stay in the family home. I'm

Customer Question

Hi I'm getting divorced and will stay in the family home. I'm going to pay my ex a lump sum to buy him out, which he is happy with. My problem is that I don't want to change the mortgage as I pay interest only, I cannot afford a new mortgage on my own. I have read online that I can leave the mortgage in joint names as it is but I will be solely responsible for it and he will agree not to have any money when it is sold. I cannot remember what this is called and wander if you have headed of it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 month ago.

Hello - just for background information - are there any children under 18?