Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I divorced in 2012 and agreed a consent order which set out

Customer Question

I divorced in 2012 and agreed a consent order which set out a requirement to pay lifetime periodical payments to my former spouse. I have recently lost my main income and want to vary the amount I pay to reflect my lower income.We have agreed following mediation, to an informal arrangement for 6 months but this has not been submitted to the courts. I understand this needs to happen.Due to the costs involved in mediation, my former spouse will not engage in further discussions either with or without a mediator until the temporary arrangement has expired.I would like to make an application to court to (i) formalise the interim variation (ii) set out some terms for future payments subject to my future earnings.I have agreement for part (i) but not for part (ii). How should I proceed ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When did the mediation finish?