Barrister Khan
Barrister Khan, Barrister
Experience:  Excellent legal grip
81129786

My sons partnership has broken down but there are two kids

Customer Question

My sons partnership has broken down but there are two kids involved one aged 3 and other 8 now the police were in attendance last night and my son left the family home to defuse the situation for the kids sake even though his partners family were there forcing the situation. His partner has a history of mental health issues addiction issues and is on the register for vulnerable adults and kids for past offences and has a criminal record, now it was agreed to go and see his kids today at the family home but he has received a text message to inform him they will not be there they will be at her mothers home so basically she has removed the kids without consent and will not attend the mothers property because of drug issues, he has just quit his job on Friday to care for his kids and had advice from a solicitor regarding a c100 but the immediate issue is the removal and control of kids please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister Khan replied 1 month ago.
If there is fear of children safety you may consider contacting social services. Police can be involved and children can stay in police protection for 72 hours at the most. The safety and security of your child will be paramount. The social worker should try to do all they can to cause as little disruption to their life as possible and should listen to you and your child’s views and take them seriously.
Barrister Khan, Barrister
Experience: Excellent legal grip
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** i have been a solicitor for more than 35 years

I am afraid that what you have been told above is not accurate

The mother of the children was entitled to take them to her mother's property and has done nothing wrong in doing so UNLESS her mother lives abroad.

It is never sensible to involve Social Services unless there is a serious and immediate risk of harm to a child

The Police cannot keep children other than in an emergency situation - and then not for 72 hours.

Your son needs to file the C100 tomorrow morning and ask for an urgent hearing if he believes that the children are at risk

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome - I hope all goes well for you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.