Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

After 8 years of a disastrous marriage I won't to divorce my

Customer Question

After 8 years of a disastrous marriage I won't to divorce my wife. We have never cohabited during our marriage and we both own our own homes. My wife has been in and out of work during this period whilst I have been steadily employed. After work I do my own laundry, shop and cook my own food and clean the house. She has never contributed. We are both 53 years of age and when we married my spouse entered with more assets than I which she squandered by herself. Now I have considerably more wealth than her which I had before marriage.
There are no other persons involved in the breakdown and our children from previous relationships are well into there 20s.
Is my spouse entitled to any of my assets which she has in no way contributed to? Or am I entitled to a clean break
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 30 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much have your assets increased by during the marriage?