ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My husband and I are separated and we have 2 kids, 3 and 6

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
My husband and I are separated and we have 2 young kids, 3 and 6 years old. I am the main carer and my ex-husband only visits them as and when it is convenient for him approx once a month for a few hours. The communication between us is bad he only wants to email me but when I email I do not get any response. On Monday this week a lady rang me up after 8pm and said that my ex-huband wants to communicate through her from now on. I think she is my ex-husband's friend and not an impartial person. Do I need to still communicate through her even if I am not comfortable with it?
Thank you very much for your help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to get an answer asap please if possible.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

You do not need to communicate with anyone that you do not want too.

Its better that your children are not aware of any hostility between you and the father so you could give the lady a try. Its up to you, she is not there to pass Judgement or intervene but simply to pass on messages as a go between.

I note that you have already been utlising email. This is also an effective form of communication but clearly wont work if he doesnt respond to you. In the laterntive you could suggest someone else.

Mediation is worth an attempt to see if the lines of communication between you can improve. You can self refer to your local service. Just google family mediation in your area.

kind regards

Caroline

Positive feedback is gratefully received

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much for the speedy response. I would like to communicate direct with him or someone impartial not through a friend of his.
Is it possible to have a quick discussion through the phone to explain more at all please?
He wants to take the children from school tomorrow. (he has not collected them in the past year and a half, I am a bit worried)

Glad I could help.

Im signing off for today but could call you tomorrow if thats ok between 10am to 4pm.

There is an extra charge for a call.

I'll send you a request. You can accept and let me know the best time.

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Caroline, if possible to call at 10am please that would be great.
Kind regards,
Suzie

Hello Suzie

10am is fine. Please can you let me have a contact number for you.

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my number is *****
kind regards,
suzie

Hello Suzie

Sorry I am running late with your call. I will be calling in approx 5 minutes.

I hope this is ok.

kind regards

Caroline