13262538

My husbands daughter was given to us by her mother as she

Customer Question

My husbands daughter was given to us by her mother as she wasn't happy there with the arrangement she would have her every other weekend. After 9 months it has been decided that his daughter is not happy with us so she recently moved in with his sister. Not ideal but it works my husband is still taking and collecting from school and we will continue to take her on our weekends. Her mother is not happy with this arrangement although did not want her back when approached and has now refused to have her on her weekends starting this week. Are there any legal/social implications? It is making his daughter upset as she text her to let her know.
Expert:  Clare replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is the child?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
14
Expert:  Clare replied 21 days ago.

Have you tried family counselling?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
She won't attend counselling so need a more solid approach
Expert:  Clare replied 21 days ago.

Sadly the court cannot force the mother to see the child.

I know that is not right and is not fair- but sadly this is an area where the law cannot assist

Please ask if you need further details