13262538

I am representing myself and would simply like to know what

Customer Question

Hello, I am representing myself and would simply like to know what I fill in on Form H - only costs relating to financial stage or all costs so far being divorce, children etc
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bromley
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We are on financials and so have completed petition and children arrangements
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Clare replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Did you have any out of pocket expenses?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello Clare,I have had 5 different solicitors from Petition to Children Arrangement and represented myself at final stages. I am currently representing myself for the financials so did Form E, Questionnaire, Statement of Issues etc myself but have not paid any court fees. Should I estimate some sort of cost whilst representing myself? Also, I need to be clear as to what costs the Form H is referring to i.e. only costs relating to financial stage or all costs from the start of the divorce?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been charged so please confirm refund. Thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 17 days ago.

The Form H relates ONLY to the costs relating to the financial issues.

It is split into Pre Form A

Form A to First Appointment

etc

If you issued the Form A then you incurred the Court Fee

If there have been reports - then those go down as disbursements

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
in representing myself what costs should I claim for?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have not paid for anything thus far except a valuation
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
just to make fully sure are the Form H costs only to do with legal costs and reports and nothing to do with living costs?
Expert:  Clare replied 17 days ago.

The Form H is ONLY about legal costs nothing else at all and since you are acting in person there is no expectation that you prepare one (although you are free to do so)

Since costs are very rarely awarded in Family Cases it is unlikely that it will be relevant - however you can read about claiming costs here

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/benchmarks/costs-and-litigants-in-person/5038419.article