Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have recently been in the non our fault car accident. Our

Customer Question

We have recently been in the non our fault car accident . Our lease car was written off completely , however due to us not having gap insurance we have short fall of 2251 pounds. Are we able to take out County Court summons on the Third Party to cover our losses?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.