James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have recently split from my partner, he has agreed to keep

Customer Question

I have recently split from my partner, he has agreed to keep paying the rent and council tax as we have 2 children together. However he is being completely unreasonable and won’t even talk to me about anything how do I go about dealing with this type of behaviour
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an elder daughter who is not biologically his, and our joint eldest daughter has nothing to do with him as she doesn’t like the way that he has treated me, I’m really worried that he is not going to keep to what he has said and will let my youngest daughter down
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Please confirm that you are not married.

How old are the children?

What income do you each earn?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Our children are 15, 17 & 21, we were not married but lived together for 17 years. And I earn £1147 a month but I have no idea how much he earns as he never disclosed that
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

How much have you asked him to pay?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is paying the rent and council tax so £123 rent week & £ 161 council tax my fear is he is going to just stop paying them and I will end up with letters and the possibility of losing my Home because of it
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Are you not eligble for benefiys?