Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband filed probate in sept. His sister lives in

Customer Question

my husband filed probate in sept. His sister lives in Swizerland and a caveat to stop. I now have a letter from her solicitor saying if I do not provide a copy of mums will they will take me to court. I wrote to them and told them that everything is with probate so I cannot send a copy. His sister did have a copy of the will but wants another one which I cannot provide? My sister does not inherit anything in my mums will.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Debenham, Suffolk
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Probate sent a letter to inform me of the caveat and now these letters from her solicitor.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No my wife id dealing with all the paperwork etc
Expert:  Clare replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you not keep a copy of the Will prior to sending the original to the probate office?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
but after we had filled in all the papers for probate and had to send the original will with these papers also I did not think it would be needed.