13262538

Clare, I have an URGENT question. My father is presently

Customer Question

Hi Clare,
I have an URGENT question.
My father is presently seriously ill in the hospital in the U.K.. I am his LPA for health and welfare, plus finance. I live here in Holland and he in Newcastle upon Tyne. He and his estranged wife have an appartment completely paid for. So the only charges are service charges. The property is severed... and in the event anything should happen to my father his will would come into play - and in which she is not included. My question is after just talking with the doctors - his life expectancy is in question, and his wishes have always to be discharged to his home where before admittance he had 24 hour care.
The O.T. at the hospital has stated that he he requires a hospital bed - the problem is that the bedroom he was in... is too small. The other where his estranged wife is could most definately hold the bed. She has refused that be used. My question is - as the property equally sto both of them can I then insist that the living room or the dining room be changed to hold this bed... even though she does not wish it.? I and my dad do not want him to go to any kind of care home... and as this is also his house what right do |I have as his LPA to insist on this matter.
Hope fully you can helpMany thanks... Denny Rogers
Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for contacting us

Will your father be safe in the property if is ex is also living there?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he will have 24 care
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I hope to hear from you shortly
Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

On behalf of your father you can indeed set up a bed in dining room and arrange for his care there

You will have to ensure that the careers are willing to ensure the atmosphere

Please ask if you need further details