Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am married but think my marital home is in my father in

Customer Question

i am married but think my marital home is in my father in laws name - if i divorce my husband do i have any entitlement over this property. I have been married for 18 months
Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have you lived together and are there any children involved

What other assets are there and what income do you each have

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No children / we have lived together for a year whilst engaged before our wedding last June . IMy husband works and I work freelance part time as am starting up a small business . He is from a fairly comfortable family though he did tell me our house was in both his and his fathers name as his father was guaranteeing the mortgage my husband pays . I have now discovered via the land registry that it is solely owned by my father in law. I have no assets as I lived with my parents prior to our engagement and moved into a flat my mum owned for a while . Now if I do decide to leave my husband due to marital difficulties I am not sure what my position would be legally . Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

What other assets does your husband have and what is the actual income of each of you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am unsure of my husbands earnings and work freelance and part time as I have already said
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

On average how much do you expect to earn in a year (rough guess)