13262538

If I move out of the marital home and divorce are there

Customer Question

Hi ***** move out of the marital home and divorce are there differences if I have a partner or I am living "single " under what circumstances would I be classed as with a living partner and divorce will therefore be granted on those grounds ? That is am I better off being single and divorcing as such? We have a number of joint assets
Expert:  Clare replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

There is no real benefit or problem either way.

Whether or not you have a new partner is a matter of fact - whether you decide to live together immediately is a matter of choice.

The only issue would be if you are living with a partner then your housing needs might be seen as being settled which could impact on the settlement

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou very much
I thought it might be more of a problem in terms of settlement if I have left my wife for someone else as she is a shareholder in my business .and I may get a grilling ... and I thought I couldn't t file for Divorce unless there is someone else or unless we have been separated for 2 years .
Expert:  Clare replied 14 days ago.

She can issue a Petition based on your adultery or Unreasonable Behaviour

You could possibly issue a petition based on her Unreasonable Behaviour (it need only be annoying not abusive!)