ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I’m completing a D81. Why do I have to disclose my

Customer Question

HelloI’m completing a D81. Why do I have to disclose my children’s assets and income on the form?Thank you
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 29 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that you do not have to include any assets that are not your on the statement of information form which you are going to submit to the court along with your consent order in respect of the matrimonial finances.

You therefore do not need to include any assets for your children on the form if the assets are not your assets.

It is important to be honest on the form as if assets of yours were not disclosed then thi is grounds for the order to be set aside in the future.

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively so that credit is received for helpig you today

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for confirming. For clarity, why does the form has the option to include children's assets and income if you don't need to provide it?sorry I have searched the web all day and cant find any answer for this

Thats ok. This only relates to minor children that have income or assets of their own. For adult children you do not need to complete this and there assets or income are not considered in relation to your consent order.

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ahh okay, maybe I wasnt clear. What if one of my children (under 18) has inheritance in a trust fund. Would I need to disclose that. If so, how come?Sorry, last question just wanna make sure I do it right

no worries.

Yes I would include this in the assets section. The court want to make sure that a consent order is fair when approving the same. As the child is still a minor and effectively under your care and control any assets of their own should be included here. Soory I had initally assumed that your question related to adult children.

The assets of your child wont affect the position in relation to the spouses.

let me know if I can assist you further

kind regards

Caroline