13262538

My friend who is Taiwanese has been living in a relationship

My friend who is Taiwanese has been living in a relationship for three years with an English man. The situation was as a married couple but without marriage. i.e. defacto.
The relationship has come to an end because he was abusive. He has a child with her which she had difficulty carrying due to her age. After the baby was born he got her pregnant again without concern for her health. The doctors advise not to carry this pregnancy to full term as it could seriously affect her health and the fetus.
She has moved out of the family home which he owned. He is not paying any maintenance for the child and refuses to accept it is his.
The lady concerned is very upset because he keeps asking for visiting rights to the baby.I would like to give her god advice but I am in New Zealand and the law here is more modern as far as defacto relationships are concerned.
I hope you can at least let me know if she has any rights. She is a British resident awaiting citizenship.
Expert:  Clare replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What would she like to know about her position?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
OMG, her partner says she has no rights anything. He transferred her money from her bank to his and will not return it. Also says he has no liability to support her ans she has no claims on his property although she did contribute when they lived together. I just want somebody to talk to her and give her decent advice. Surely he cannot treat her this way.I am a British male and find it intolerable that she is being treated so bad. I am to far away to be useful but if I can give her some advice that can give her some comfort.I know this is a little vague.
Expert:  Clare replied 26 days ago.

How much has he taken form her bank and what money has she paid towards the property?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am not sure yet. She is sleeping. You should;d also be asleep now.:-) Really I want to know if she has any rights because they are not married.
Expert:  Clare replied 25 days ago.

Yes she has rights

She can make an immediate claim for child maintenance to the Child Maintenance Service

https://childmaintenanceservice.direct.gov.uk/public/

She may have a potential claim on the property but without more details there is no way of being certain.

Please ask if you need further details