James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Our home is owned Mortgaged) in a 50/50 split on a Tenants

Customer Question

Our home is owned Mortgaged) in a 50/50 split on a Tenants in Common basis. My partner gave me £30,000 a couple of years ago and we now want to change the ownership share to reflect this. We need a legal agreement template drawn up and would like a price for this please. Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What will the new percentage share be?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi ClareThe original purchase of our home on a Tenants In Common basis was in October 2008 on an assumed 50/50 percentage split.In May 2016 this became a 25/75 split due to my partner giving me £32,000 but we didn’t get around to drawing up an agreement which we now want to do.Thanks,Jennifer
Expert:  Clare replied 24 days ago.

I note you have looked at Declaration of Trust templates - and this is in fact what you need.

It is a simple one since there has not been one previously - do you have the Office Copy entries relating to the property?