Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I will be issued a court order for legal services payment

Customer Question

I will be issued a court order for legal services payment from my spouses lawyers. I have been given an extremely difficult timeline to meet the payment and I have no means of doing that. I am currently almost bankrupt but the judge wouldn’t see that because I rented an accommodation and bought a car abroad in a jurisdiction that I felt my tools and services will be needed as nothing gets sold here in the UK with the North Sea drilling operations down. I am almost certain the order will not be met. I said that in court but the judge felt I wasn’t taking the matter serious enough. Which is funny. Almost seems like I am expected to live in a tree or someone’s shed yet I pay all the bills in the house including the mortgage.I am utterly confused and frankly I am about to give up and simply stop working. This divorce process has cost me everything including my business, yet I am the only one working towards ensuring minimal damage.Any advice will help. I’ve been told to explore insolvency.
Expert:  Clare replied 24 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain when the Order was made and why?