13262538

Im a married woman and this year met a man and had an affair

im a married woman and this year met a man and had an affair and got pregnant, I told my husband who was against it initially but later for my happiness finally agreed for me to have the baby and keep it now that man wants to be part of the baby or even threatened to take my baby from me is that possible in UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - so yes I am afraid the biological father would be able to get an order allowing him to spend time with the child - but certainly not to take the child from you

You need to discuss matters with him using Family mediation

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

He will have to accept that your husband has an equally important role in the child's life

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details