13262538

My son is in the process of having 50% custody of our

hello - my son is in the process of having 50% custody of our grandaugher following a court order - my son is the father on the birth certificate and has not lived with his partner for 8 years - my son gave her cash payments for food, clothes, holidays etc on an informal basis
over these years and both paternal and maternal grandparents have given the grandaughter
massive support as well.What is the current ruling for child support/£ maintenance? and does it apply if he has 50% custody? - we note that the CSA has been disbanded but the CMS is the new body and cannot collect any back pay in the past - My son's ex partner has 2 other children from 2 other relationships and we assume she is claiming maximum benefits.thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 26 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If your son now has the child a full 50% of the time then under the CMS rules no child maintenance is payable by either parent to the other.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you Clare for your response which will clarify matters
Expert:  Clare replied 25 days ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well