Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Can my daughter ex who they weren't married to stop her

Can my daughter ex who they weren't married to stop her moving to London from scotland where her boyfriend lives taken their child with her 4yrs old . Even though she has told him she will her u once month until she starts school then whenever she off x thank you
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- are they all living in London now?

- how often does your son see his 4 year old?

- any concerns about the care provided by the mother or his new partner?

- is your son named on his daughetrs birth certificate?

- when is the planned move?

kind regards

Caroline

Ps - I just need to nip out but will anwer upon my return

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It my daughter who is moving to London with new boyfriend. There no concerns her boyfriend is great with the child treat her like she was his own .daughter and new partner for 20 months. Her ex is on the birth certificate as dad. He get her normally on Sunday afternoon till Tuesday early evening .daughter is thinking about moving in February next yr her new partner already lives down there and has a fantastic job to surport both

Thank you for your response.

Please do accept my apologies for my delay in responding to you. You do need a Scottish solicitor. I am a Solicitor in England/Wales. I will opt out so one of my colleagues can assist you.

I wish you all the best.

kind regards

Caroline

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 21 days ago.

I see. The ex can apply to the court to prevent her from moving to London and it will then be a matter for the court to determine whether to allow such a move. He would apply for a prohibited steps order in the court to prevent the move. The court would consider whether the move was in the welfare interest of the child and mother would have had to consider that she was still able to ensure that the father would have contact with the child going forward (telephone contact and perhaps longer times in holidays etc). But to answer your question the court would have the power potentially to prevent the move.

Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience