13262538

If my daughters mother takes me to court to dictate when I

If my daughters mother takes me to court to dictate when I can and can’t have my daughter what’s the likely outcome she’s telling me it’s either every weekend or not at all

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your daughter and what have you asked for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you
She’s 2 and a half and we’ve been split up 4months was on and off before from the start of the year but I still saw her ever day and always had my daughter when she worked but I need my own life now too so can’t do ever weekend so said either joint custody so week on week off
Or
Wed,thur,Friday and then Fri,sat,sun week after
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
since breaking up she’s not letting me see my daughter in the week only at weekends

Your second option would be better for your daughter - week and week about is very hard on children -especially the under fives.

The law says that children are entitled to a close relationship with both parties - and the courts will enforce this if necessary

Neither parent has more right to dictate the arrangements - it is something that must be agreed if possible

Since mediation has broken down you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order - the form you need is here

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/c100-eng.pdf

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But what if we can’t agree on a routine for when each of us has her what would the court suggest ?

This is a good suggestion - or alternate weekends friday to monday plus one night in the week