Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I’m a single mom Im living with my ex boyfriend and half of

Hi I’m a single mom Im living with my ex boyfriend and half of house is mine I want to sell this house but my ex doesn’t want to he said he can sign me off and give me money I’m ok with that but he doesn’t do anything about this. Also I was mentally bullying I don’t want to live here i found room for rent for me and my son because I don’t have money to rent flat how long I can stay in one room I just want to say if he will pay me for house I can rent flat I’m working but still I don’t have enough money to rent flat . I will go to council house but because I have mortgage I don’t think they will find something for me to stay with my son
Regards Emilia

If you are living in the house I am never of the view that you should move out (unless it is intolerable) as I find people are very slow to act once someone moves out. If he is being aggressive towards you and/or the child then you would be able to apply to the court for an occupation order which if granted would remove him from the property. If half of the house is yours then you can also apply to the court for the property to be sold under a legal phrase called TOLATA. Happy to discuss and please rate positive.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I asked also if I can leave in one room with my son

Yes that is perfectly reasonable. There is nothing in law to stop you from being allowed to do that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is about paying for mortgage he still wants me to pay I’m working from agency then I don’t have a lot of money

If the mortgage is in joint names then it often makes sense for you both to pay otherwise there is the potential that it could default