Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I’m hoping to get married in England but I’m 17. And mum and

I’m hoping to get married in England but I’m 17. And mum and dad are divorced and I don’t speak to my dad. Can I get married with one parents consent?

You’ll have to get permission from both of your parents if they are married, or if they were married when you were born. If they aren’t, you’ll just need permission from whoever has parental responsibility for you. If your parents say you can’t get married you may be able to get permission from a court.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m also pregnant. My parents were married when I was born but my mum has parental responsibility
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If they were married when I was born I need both parents permission?

Yes you would as they both share PR

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay. Thank you

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’ve also looked into getting married in Scotland. But the steps for doing that are so complicated to me. Do you know anything about that?

This is just UK site and not Scotland