Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

Hi, trust you are well. Following on from the last enquiry,

Customer Question

Hi, trust you are well.

Following on from the last enquiry, the gym company is now threatening my daughter with recovery action. What should she do? I am tying send a letter to the company, stating the summary of our conversation and your legal advice on being within her rights to cancel the direct debit, as long as she wasn't using their facilities. What do you advice?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome again. Thanks for requesting me. I am fine,thank you. Hope you too are doing good as well.

I firmly believe that the gym is just issuing baseless threats. There is virtually nothing that they can do. At the most they can charge her equivalent to one month,but just nothing beyond that.

Having said this,I would suggest you to write them a registered / certified mail clearly stating that in event of they not falling in line,you would seriously consider legal action.I am sure that they would stop. If they persist,simply seek legal opinion. I am more than sure that they have no grounds to come after your daughter so long as no services are availed.

I hope this helps..

You may leave a positive rating if this helps. Alternatively please feel absolutely free to revert with further queries if you have and I shall be more than happy to keep assisting you.

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already composed a letter stating I've sought legal advice. Will it be ok for me to cc you, with your details appended to the letter as a legal counsel?

Dear Friend,

Instead of this,better seek a local counsel.because bound by terms of service,this is the only platform I can use to interact. I can provide you broad advice,but you should seek local help.

I hope this helps..

Warm Regards