Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

Is it possible for me to get a mortgage while on benefits...

is it possible for me to get mortgage while im on benefits I don't think ill work agin as I suffer mentel health issues and im on eesa and dla altogerther £800 a month and me and partner want to buy he works full time we are getting married in the next couple of years and would love for us 2 have our own home

Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 3 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Certainly YES. You can get mortgage while on benefits.

Basically, receiving benefits is not an issue for the lenders. It is your personal circumstances that matter to them. Lenders have tight policies around your type and minimum level of income.

ALSO, IMPORTANTLY, apart from this, your "CREDIT" will also be one of the major influencing factor. Results dont consider whether you get benefits - but sadly all too often those getting benefits dont have great credit. SO, it would be equally and more important to have a very clean credit history as well.

The following is a very good reference for you.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/debt_w/debt_mortgage_problems_ew/debt_how_to_sort_out_your_mortgage_problems_e/help_with_mortgage_costs_if_you_re_out_of_work.htm

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/benefits_w/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_ew/benefits_for_people_who_are_sick_or_disabled.htm

To sum up, just because you are on benefits, it will not act against you. You can certainly be eligible to get a mortgage.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX good health and great times ahead. Good luck.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards