Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I spent a lot of money buying rare earth metals. A company

I spent a lot of money buying rare earth metals. A company agreed to help me sell them, but in spite of sending over 40 emails, they have not responded to my request. What should I do now?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 3 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

There are two aspects of this issue. First, in absence of any specific agreement wherein the compnaly is expressly obligated to help you sell it, there is nothing much you can do.

Secondly, if the compnay with whom you have contracted with / have an agreement with is based in UK, you can certainly have your case examined by a local lawyer to see if you have a case of breach of trust and breach of agreement.

The contents of the agreement would be very crucial to check if you have a case against them. It would be proper to have your agreement minutely scrutinized by a local attorney.

If the concerned compnay is based OUT of UK, I do not see any feasibility in going after them as it would be more expensive affair for you. You will have to let it go.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

RMXX has been given "right of first refusal" but "shall not be required to purchase the product".

"In consideration for this right RMXX will pay 6% on a six monthly basis (4 payments in total 4 x 6% = 24%) of the total price paid by the customer for the product until the earlier of 2 years from the date hereof (29th July 2013) or the exercise or the failure to exercise the right of first refusal by RMXX".

Does this clarify anything?

Regards.

Cherry Kane

Dear Cherry,

Hello and welcome again. Thank you for your reply.

The sentences too be very vaguely drafted and it appears very much tilted in favor of RMXX. This seems to give them some gap to refuse in first place.

Having said this, in my personal opinion, it would be improper to sigularly interpret this sentence. It would be very important to have your entire agreement critically evaluated by some local attorney which will give you correct insight and collective interpretation.

However, from what you have mentioned here, this seems unilateral in favor of RMXX.

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I received an email from RMXX saying that they "fully intend to honour the agreement" they made with me and "hope to start making payments no later than March 2014".

Dear Cherry,

Ok Fine... But this deadline has already passed.

Just send them fresh communication saying as to when they wish to honor the agreement. Also give a very mild indication that in failure of a specific reply and in event of they not honoring their commitment, you can also explore legal action as a last resort.

Just send this communication and see what happens. Demand a reply in a specific time limit, say for example, 10 days. Meantime, you can get your agreement reviewed by a local attorney.

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards,