How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4543
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now

Dear Sirs, I was sold a private Hambro pension in 1968/ by

Resolved Question:

Dear Sirs, I was sold a private Hambro pension in 1968/69 by my accountant Paul Kramer of Golders Green. I paid into it until the year 2002 when I decided to take it as a pension because my health was deteriorating. I had asked my accountant Paul Kramer several times what I could expect as a pension and was told it would be in the region of £11,000 per annum. A Mr Allalan Rogers of Maltings Financial services sais he would find me the best deal. He advised me that all I would get would be £6,050.72 and that I should take it as that was the best I would get. An Agent Mr Edmund Hutton who had collected my premiums concluded that his partner Allan Rogers had got me the best deal and he also advised me to take it. My Agent Mr Edmund Hutton worrked for Allied Dunbar and it was they who started paying my pension. It has been banded around a few pension providers and is currently with Reassurance. Since 2002 I have accepted this £6,050 72 paid to me quarterly. But I am now seventy one years old and I find that I am unable to live on this plus my State Pension. I am an invalid and I live alone and it seems that I have been short changed since 2002 by about £45,000 which would have helped me at this time of my life. It is my opinion that I was Mis-sold my pension by my Accountant Paul Kramer and I ask you, is there anything I can do to recover my position and the moneies I consider I am owed to me by this mis-selling of my pension to me.
Yours Sincerely, ***** ***** Barker *****@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Sir,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

To begin with, I am deeply sorry for the situation that you are facing. Whether this is a case of mis-selling of pension or not is a matter of legal debate.

Though much would depend upon what are the exact facts of your matter, from the primary information that you have narrated in your question, it certainly seems to me the case of mis-selling of pensions. I also believe that at the time of selling, there has been some material concealment of pension facts and supression of some information which has lead you to buy this pension.

However, for this you will have to take help of a local attorney to help you make out a case. However, you can do two things simultaneously.

First, see a local attorney and while giving out exact facts of your matter, explore possibilities of going after the firm / person who mis-sold you the pension.

Secondly, and simultaneously, you can also reach out to Pensions Ombudsman. Their service is free and open to people who have a complaint against those responsible for the running or administration of pension schemes.

You can also file complaint with them as well.

The following are the Frequently Asked Questions which might additionally help you.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Finance Questions