Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I am just seeking a share price for UNILEVER NV shares for

I am just seeking a share price for UNILEVER NV shares for 1982.I think that these were Bearer Bonds?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Dating back to 1982, these were bearer bonds. No recorded price history is available for these shares. However, they were bearing near similar price to Unilever PLC Shares whose value was 3¹⁄9p for ordinary shares as of 31st March 1982.

If you need to date back to this, the best option would be to contact "investor relations" at Unilever. Kindly refer the following links.

http://www.unilever.com/investorrelations/shareholder_info/understanding_nvplc_shares/plcshares/capitalgainstax.aspx

From the official source, information from 1999 is available but not dating back than that. Kindly refer:
http://www.unilever.com/investorrelations/share_price/historicshareprice/nvshareprice/

So, to have most accurate information, contacting Investor Relations at Unilever would be the best option, though I have given a indicative valuation.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I knew all this already!

I had 66 unilever nv Bearer Bonds.These translated to a value of about £20000 by 2013.Using 3 1/9p a share does not seem a true picture - or do you mean another amount? Dick Quinby

Dear *****,

No, I meant this amount only, BUT only to be used as its indicative valuation of NV Shares as the NV Shares were never ordinary shares in 1982 and were bearer bonds.

No, in a way, it is practically impossible to access the exact value as of 1982. The reason I used PLC shares as indicative value because the value of the bearer bonds is usually in the vincinity of +/-5% of this.

Further, you will CERTAINLY not get exact value of NV Shares from any other sources. The only method left at your disposal would be to contact Investors Relations Department and seek their intervention.

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please confirm the price for Unilever NV Shares 1982.

3 1/9p per share values a holding of 66 shares +/- 5% at a little under 2.00 GBP!

If that is indeed the case, and in 2013 there were worth 20000 GBP, I wish I had had a few more!!

I DO appreciate your efforts and,as I was aware of the valuation difficulty you describe,

I should have sold them in two lots.Mea Culpa.but I still have to come to some position with HMRC which at the moment seems to be beyond the wit of my accountant who seems to suggest we give these share no value at all!! hitting me with 4000 GBP of CGT !! which I can ill afford.

Please give up if you feel you have done all you can - Iwill keep searching for an answer!

Best Wishes

Dick Quinby

Dear *****,

Yes, this is all I have to offer, OR for that matter, anyone could offer.

You will not get precise valuation anywhere owing to the difficulties I mentioned. I understand your issue with HMRC but that is something we will have to deal with. Also note that the valuations that I indicated will not vary much for sure.

I also request you to kindly leave a positive rating if my efforts helped you as this is the only way I would be compensated for helping you.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Rakhi,

I am still unsure as to the price for Unilever NV Ord shrs that you found-was it really about 3 pence a share!

I have tracked down some old papers which show the certifying of my old bearer stock.In the end by 1999 this translated into 932 Ordinary shares.

I am sending for an old copy of the Times from 2nd April 1982 to check a price for these shares which be the best I can do! They must have been worth more than 27 pounds sterling.

Thanks for your efforts to help-as you say this is yhe best that can be done!

Best Wishes

Dick Quinby

Dear *****,

I understand your situation.

However, in your case, if you are persuing any matter with HMRC, your cost basis would be counted from 1999. There is no way you would be able to track the actual prices of bearer bonds way back in 1982.

Another indicative method would be to see the ratio (932 shares received agains HOW MANY number of bearer bonds) in 1999 and this will give you indicative valuation of bearer bonds as of the conversion date. Dating back to that will not be possible.

I hope this helps a bit more.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, feel absolutely free to revert back with a reply if you need more assistance of if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. I would be more than happy to keep assisting you further.

Warm Regards