Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

Hi there My brother has been living in Ireland for a number

Customer Question

Hi there My brother has been living in Ireland for a number of years. When he moved over there he asked me of it would be ok if his bank sent his mail to my house. I agreed and have received 2/3 letters a year. I never gave this much thought. However I am concerned that he may have a savings plan/pensions or similar plan which relies on UK residence. I want to make sure that my address is not used to give my brother or anybody a single penny that they are not entitled to. Can I write to the financial institution in confidence outlining my concerns on the basis that my communication is to for the purposes of fraud prevention? Could i rely on that confidence/defined scope? If i just return the most recent communication from the institution marked "return to sender, this CORRESPONDANCE ADDRESS no longer forwarding on mail" - can i hope that that will be the end of the matter i.e no contact or queries from the financial institution and they will know that my address was only ever a correspondence address? Or can i rely on the financial institution conducting a thorough residence check and therefore need not do anything.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Let m try and make things little clear. Yes, in my opinion, you can rely on financial institution to conduct a through residence check. Further to this, in my opinion, just return the communication from the institution saying that this correspondence address no longer forwarding the mail.

The reason of the above advice is --- you just cannot rely on the bank / financial institution maintaining secrecy of your communication. There are chances that your brother may be notified of such communication as they might have to do this as a procedure to request another address from your brother.

So, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is what I suggested in first paragraph.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience: Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Dear *****,

Hello.. I am glad that this helped.

Please feel absolutely free to return to this thread if you have further questions. Iwould be more than happy to keep assisting you.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

Thank you. Can you advise me whether the institution are likely to send me ("the main resident" at my address) any further questions queries after I return the post marked "this correspondence address no longer forwarding the mail.

Dear *****,

There are chances that they may send you additional queries. The reasons are -- first, they may like your brother to provide a fresh residence address. Second, there are also chances that you may be asked to explain a reason as to why you intend to stop communication at the given address.

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much

Dear *****,

You are most Welcome.

Warm Regard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not appear to have the option of giving you feedback. I am pleased with your response.

With regard to them asking me why I am no longer wanting to pass on post. I would not want to stop passing on information/post per se. However I have now given this situation more thought than I did at the outset.

Hi there

I

.

Dear *****,

Thanks for your revert. You can just leave a positive feed back by clicking the smiling face.

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not have the option of leaving positive feedback here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Coolthe only face on my computer. perhaps it is me.

Dear *****,

No issues, you may look for "Accept" button as well.

If you do not find it.. No issues... I will bring this to the notice of the customer care, they will do it for me.

It was total pleasure assisting you. Hope to work with you in future as well.

Warm Regards