Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

Explain the minimum accounting registrations etc. that are needed for an efficient and ong

Customer Question

Explain the minimum accounting registrations etc. that are needed for an efficient and ongoing cost of sales  control in restaurants
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

No, merely saying controllable costs + menu engineering would be incorrect.

When we are talking about controlling cost of sales, especially for a restaurant, we need to look with greater detail.

Having said this, let us first understand Functions of Control System.

The control system monitors the area where food and beverage sales take place.

· It reduces the pilferage, fraud, and wastage to minimum.

· It provides required information to the management for costing purposes, so that they forecast the statistics accurately for the next financial period.

· It ensures that cashiers make bills correctly so that the customer is neither overcharged nor under charged.

Having said this, rather than explaining here, I would like to point you to a wonderful and detailed resource which deals with this.

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/education/restaurant-management-and-operations/restaurant-cost-of-good-sold-cogs-made-simple-/c28016.aspx

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question,

Warm Regards