bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been asked to certify a set of accounts

Customer Question

Hello I have been asked to certify a set of accounts for a company for a fiancee visa application. I did not complete the accounts they have been filed and accepted. Is there a template to use to verify the set of accounts?
Category: Finance
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
I know just the situation you are in having had the devil's own job obtaining an entry clearance for my Thai wife in 2000! What a palaver; I ended up complaining to my MP who completely agreed with my submission and took it up with jack Straw, then Foreign Secretary. He sent me a letter telling me what the FO had said, between the lines hinting that it was a load of rubbish, but when my better half went for her Embassy interview it was with the Second Secretary Consular Services and lasted exactly 30 seconds before she received the stamp in her passport!
So all you need to do to support the application is to endorse the normal Companies Act's set of accounts with the confirmation that they have been filed and accepted by Companies House. You are but a cog in the big wheel of the visa application process.
I do hope I have pointed you in the right direction in this matter. Be careful though; a false supporting role is, unless I am much mistaken, a criminal offence, but I am sure that this is not the case here!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this but I was more looking for a template that I can use to sen with the accounts to certify them.

There is no need for one and no special format anyway, just a copy of the company accounts certified by you will suuffice.