Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I am a trustee [with two others] of a sum of money held in

Customer Question

I am a trustee [with two others] of a sum of money held in a Trustee current a/c. earning no interest. The fund has just over £130,000 available which will be divided between nine beneficiaries as they attain the age of 25yrs., so payments will be made over the next 10yrs. or so. Where can I place the money to get some interest. I have tried two banks and two B/soc. with no luck. Many thanks in anticipation
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Yes, you are so correct. It is very difficult to find interest paying accounts and I completely agree with your situation.

Having said this, would suggest you to keep money in debt instruments. This way, it will suit your risk profile and serve your purpose as well. Debt instruments that you can consider putting your money in are Bonds / Eurobonds. They are issued by corporate and government as well. Investing in Debt instruments will also ensure safety of the principal amount and not expose it to market risks.

The following link will give you general detail about that.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/specialist-issuers/debts-bonds/types-of-debts-bonds/types-of-debts-bonds.htm

You can reach out to any financial intermediary / broker who will help you purchasing such debt instruments.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,