Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I am challenging a decision of The Tax Credits Office that

I am challenging a decision of The Tax Credits Office that I have been overpaid Tax Credits totalling over £9000.00, and I ask them to look at their decision again and change it.
They refuse to change their decision, so I asked them to forward my case to the First-tier Tribunal for a hearing, and again they refused.
Is there an Ombusman to whom I can complain to or some other Authority?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Yes, you can certainly dispute it. They have a procedure for that.

You can ask the Tax Credit Office to reconsider an overpayment decision if you think they made a mistake or gave you incorrect advice. Since you have already done this, you may file your dispute officially by and send dispute form TC846 to:

Overpayments Dispute Team
Tax Credit Office
HM Revenue and Customs
Preston
PR1 4AT.

You can do this online as well. Please refer the following link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-credits-overpayment-tc846

I hope this helps...

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as that is the only way we receive credit for assisting you. Alternatively feel absolutely free to revert with more queries if you have.

Warm Regards