Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I am a divorced lady but have had a very broken and curtailed

I am a divorced lady but have had a very broken and curtailed work history due to caring for my eldest daughter who has some special needs. As a carer I received Home Responsibility Protection which covered my NI until she left my care and moved out, but my NI contributions and my pension have understandably been affected. Am I correct that I may make a claim on my ex husbands NI without affecting his entitlement? Read an article about this.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please continue to find someone who can answer my question

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend, Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. Yes, you can certainly make a claim on your ex-husbands NI without affecting his entitlement. If you claim on your husband’s National Insurance record it won’t affect the pension he receives in any way. However, you need to note that If you’re claiming on your husband’s NI record, he must have reached state pension age and has to be drawing his pension before you can receive yours. I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I make any claim on his contributions for anything other than pension purposes before he retires,(ie an Employment Support benefit that requires sufficient NI contributions to qualify.) I imagine not?

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome again. Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry but your claims shall limited to the NI only. I am afraid you will NOT be able to claim for anything other than the pension.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience: Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years