Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I worked for

Customer Question

I worked for XXXX, a large pharmaceutical company for 4 years (1982 to 1986) and was in their pension scheme. I am due for retirement in a few years. I recall phoning them a couple of years ago to enquire about any pension which would be due to me. One of their office staff said I was not entitled to a pension as I was not with the company for 5 years. I am now nearing retirement and am questioning this answer as I was not aware at the time of employment that this restriction was in my contract. I was in the scheme for less than 5 years but more than 4 years. I would appreciate any advice as to how you think I could move this forward and whether you think they have the right not to pay me a pension for the years I was employed . A review of the job adverts for around the dates I worked offer a contributory pension scheme to potential employees. Prior to 1980 they offered a non contributory scheme.

Category: Finance
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please cancel the question. I would like a refund of the funds I paid