Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

We are a charity employing some part-time workers. I believe

We are a charity employing some part-time workers. I believe they will have a legal right to a pension wef 2017. Is this correct? If so what are the rules e.g. is there a wage below which it will not apply? What percentage will be payable and do we have to register them if they are entitled next month. If so with whom, plus any other useful info. you can give.
Category: Finance
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ben. I am a volunteer worker on the PCC of St' Peter and Paul Church Olney and I am asking the question on their behalf so that we deal with our paid pt-time workers rights to pension (if any) legally. If it helps I have been on the PCC as a volunteer around 8 years, but as I said this is not about me it is mainly for our Church Administrator who has worked for us pt.-time since 2011. There are 2 others who have been with us since 2013. Does this help?

Can you give me some idea when I will be getting the answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will re-phrase my question. So, the question is:

Currently a part-time employee earning less than £10k a year is not legally entitled to a pension from their employer. I believe the current government are bringing in legislation in 2017/18 to change this so that all Part-Timers will have pension rights from their employers. Is this correct? If so, briefly, what are the rules so that I can set things up properly for our Charity (SS. Peter and Paul Church, Olney). Also it is rumored that Pt-time employers, as part of this legislation, must register all their Part-time employees next month. Is this correct and if so register with whom?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Nicola. As I said to your colleague I am quite happy to wait for an answer. Having said this we have a PCC meeting in the 22 September where this issue will be on the agenda so I would appreciate an answer before then please.

Thank you in anticipation

Rod Parler

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend, Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. Yes, what you are presuming is correct. It is very much correct that the part time employees are also part of the legislation that you are referring to and your Charity will CERTAINLY require them to register for pension next month. I draw your attention to "overview" and "Law and regulation applicable to employees but not to volunteers" sections of the following link. http://www.icaew.com/en/technical/charity-and-voluntary-sector/charity-trustee/staff-employees-and-volunteers Unless they volunteers and NOT paid, these regulations will apply regardless of them being part time or full time employees. I am sure this would help.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question, Warm Regards,
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience: Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years