Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

If I worked years but cashed in superannuation

if I worked for NHS for 12 years but cashed in superannuation can I buy back into it?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend, Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. YES -- you can buy back into it. However, from what I understand from your situation that you have NOT reached pension age as of today. Or else, it will limit your re entry only up to 3 years. So, YES, you can buy back into it. I am sure this would help.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question, Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ralhi,
Actually, I am 62 which is two years beyond the retirement age. Your offer of financial advisement is interesting. Note I live in the US and have for 30 years. Do you feel your expertise in finacial planning covers defined benefit plans, social security, and 403b investments? I do need help to reconnect with any NHS benefits. Interested in your response.
Thanks for your help
Roger Rodwell
Dear Rodger,
Hello and welcome. Thank you for your response.
As I said, I do advice in the areas you mentioned.
As you also mentioned, you are beyond your retirement age. In such circumstance, you will not be able to buy back beyond three years. This will make the idea little less feasible given your age which is past retirement.
I am sure this would help.
You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question,
Warm Regards