Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

How do I buy back into the NHS pension scheme,

Customer Question

Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend,
Hello and welcome. Thank you for requesting me.
So far as buying back into the NHS pension scheme is concerned, the procedure is very simple.
You will need to contact your employer or the relevant pensions agency for a quotation and the required form.
Once you get that form and quotation, your respective pension agency will help you with the remaining minor procedure.
I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.
You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.
Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience: Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rakhi
I worked at three different hospitals in the UK, Newmarket General Hospital, from 1970-72, St Thomas Hospital London, 73-77 and, Brook General Hospital, 77-81
The Nhs pension dept sent me a letter detailing the two refunds of contributions for St Thomas and Brook General, the seem to have no record of my contributions at Newmarket General. I do have a year end paystub from Newmarket that shows that I made payments into the system. All together I had 12+years in the system, should be worth something. Is trying to contact three institutions to get info from 30+ years ago the only way when the nhs pension system seems to have info? Contacting them is very, no response to emails and 6 months for a letter.
Roger Rodwell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rakhi
The Nhs pension dept sent me a letter detailing the two refunds of contributions for St Thomas and Brook General, the seem to have no record of my contributions at Newmarket General. I do have a year end paystub from Newmarket that shows that I made payments into the system. All together I had 12+years in the system, should be worth something. Is trying to contact three institutions to get info from 30+ years ago the only way when the nhs pension system seems to have info? Contacting them is very difficult, no response to emails and 6 months for a letter.
Roger Rodwell
Dear Mr Roger,

Hello and welcome again. Thank you for your reply.

From what I understand from your situation, you have no record of that pension at all.

The obvious and more straight forward method would be to reach out to the three institutions. I understand that that is easier said than done but you may contemplate personal visit if they are not responding to your email communications. That will be worth the money that is lost.

Having said this, I am not sure that this will help you but you can also explore the Pension Tracking Service. Kindly refer the following link which is self explanatory.

https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-pension

Apart form this two options, I do not think of any alternative method of reaching out to them.

Warm Regards