Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I have a limited company (UK). I am the only director

Customer Question

Hi, I have a limited company (UK). I am the only director and the only employee. I also have a 'day job' which is my primary source of income which uses all my personal allowance. The limited company has been trading for three years but until 14/15 I hadn't
paid myself a salary or dividends. In 14/15, I paid myself 2 dividends (taking me into the higher tax band) so I am now filing in self assessment to pay the tax I owe. The self assessment form asks me for a PAYE Reference but it was my understanding that as
a director, I did not need to pay myself a salary. Do I need to register as an employer despite being the only employee and a director? Thanks
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend, Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. Yes, even if you are the ONLY director of the company, and the only employee, you NEED to register. Please refer and follow the following link. https://www.gov.uk/register-employer I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck. You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,