Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

We are owed around £35k from a company . Need some

Customer Question

Hi , we are owed around £35k from a company . Need some advice
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend,
Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.
Can you please elaborate more on your situation and question ? Can I know what kind of debt it is ?
You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.
Warm Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, the debt is from a plumbing works that was sub contracting from a building firm. We have sent them many invoice but have had no success, we have terms and condition in place and emails from building firm confirming price and payment plan. When we stop getting paid we left site and got contacted by developers confirm us that if the building hasn't paid us they will by email. Basically that's were we are an meeting is going ahead on Monday with developers and building firm regarding this which I can't attend. So I really need some info how I can get my money back ?
Dear Friend,
Welcome again. Thank you for your reply.
I understand from what you have explained as under:
A firm has taking a plumbing work from developers and they have subcontracted that work to you. You have commercial relations with the firm which has contracted work from the developers. You have no direct relations with the developers as I understand.
I have not examined any terms and conditions between the contractors and developers and the contractors (main firm) and you (sub-contractors).
However, it is obvious that the most likely outcome of this would be --- as the developer has said, he will pay you and therefore he would insist that the plumbing work that you have subcontracted should be completed. He may, in turn, sue the main vendor / main contractor for the damages that he has caused to the developer but that is something that does not concerns you at all.
So far as your money is concerned, you have a option to --- enter directly in contract with the developer and have him pay you the unpaid dues. You may undertake to resume and complete the work if you are paid your unpaid dues first. The developer is very much likely to agree with this as it is a costly preposition for him to delay his development work because of a vendor issue. Secondly, you may set up further work and payment plan with him directly.
In nutshell, you should offer him that he should pay you his unpaid dues, then set up a fresh work / payment plan with you directly.
This would be the amicable solution I see so far.
In a very remote possibility, if the developer does not agree to this, you might have to consider legal options against the contracting company.
I hope this helps.. Wish you good luck.
Warm Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest I have already finished the work and now chasing payments
Dear Friend,
Hello and welcome again.
Okay, I did not know this. So, only option you have is to now follow up with the developer OR seek legal opinion with a local attorney for recovery.
Hope this helps...
Warm Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
You are welcome !!