Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I took early retirement from primary school teaching in England

i took early retirement from primary school teaching in England on grounds of ill health (stress related) due to large classes, not enough support, and feeling i couldn't any longer cope. this was before the new regulations of 1997. i was told that any employment outside teaching wouldn't affect my pension, and it hasn't so far. I have held various support posts in schools but never a teaching post and always part-time. i now have the opportunity to help in the nursery as an extra Early Years worker. its a temporary position until June and is part-time. Again its not a teaching position. I'm assuming that this is OK but just want to make sure.
Category: Finance
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what are your concerns about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if taking on this temporary part-time work in the nursery will effect my teacher's pension, given that its not actually a teaching position. i have already worked in the school as 'clerical assistant' and that was OK. my ill-health retirement started in 1996, before the stricter rules came in the following year.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This is a Pension Law issue rather than an employment one so I will transfer it to the correct category and someone should reply when available. No need to reply to this, thank you
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. No, such employment alternatives DO NOT affect your pension. From what I understand from your situation, the new employment will NOT affect your current pension. I am sure this would help.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience: Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years