Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I took early retirement from primary school teaching in England

i took early retirement from primary school teaching in England on grounds of ill health (stress related) due to large classes, not enough support, and feeling i couldn't any longer cope. this was before the new regulations of 1997. i was told that any employment outside teaching wouldn't affect my pension, and it hasn't so far. I have held various support posts in schools but never a teaching post and always part-time. i now have the opportunity to help in the nursery as an extra Early Years worker. its a temporary position until June and is part-time. Again its not a teaching position. I'm assuming that this is OK but just want to make sure.
Hello what are your concerns about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if taking on this temporary part-time work in the nursery will effect my teacher's pension, given that its not actually a teaching position. i have already worked in the school as 'clerical assistant' and that was OK. my ill-health retirement started in 1996, before the stricter rules came in the following year.
Thank you. This is a Pension Law issue rather than an employment one so I will transfer it to the correct category and someone should reply when available. No need to reply to this, thank you
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. No, such employment alternatives DO NOT affect your pension. From what I understand from your situation, the new employment will NOT affect your current pension. I am sure this would help.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience: Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years