Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

My question is when buying a US stock on the stock market

Hi there, My question is when buying a US stock on the stock market like the Nasdaq through a trading site like td direct.
If a share is say $100 and you buy a 1000 shares resulting in $100,000 worth.
The price per share goes up to $103 resulting in $103,000.
This happens in the space of a day and you sell all shares at $103, does this mean you have made $3000 excluding any fees if any that you may have been charged ? Is this all correct and can this be done regularly or are there restrictions ?
Thanks in advance
Nabeel
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Dear Nabeel,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing me an opportunity to assist you.

YES--What you have calculated is PERFECTLY correct. You do gain $3000 by selling the 1000 shares at 103 which you bought at 100.

Also there are NO restrictions in doing this. You can continue to do this so long as you enter at right price and you get the higher price during the day. You can continue to do this "n" number of time. There are no restrictions.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,