Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I am due to be made redundant at the end of September and

Hi, I am due to be made redundant at the end of September and would be taking 6 months gardening leave. This would take me to the end of March when I officially leave. This is important as I'm 50 in November which means I will leave with my final salary pension paying out with enhancements. Yesterday my company are looking to freeze the final salary pension from 30th November and move us to a new scheme from 1st December. Are they allowed to change my terms and conditions while I'm on gardening leave? Thanks
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 months ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

YES -- Your employer can change your terms and conditions. Being on Garden Leave is just that you are asked to stay away from the work. Apart from this, you are still technically "employed" will still remain on payroll.

Your employer CAN change your terms and conditions during this period.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,