Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

hi ive got a quinton treadmill was working out yesterday when

Customer Question

hi ive got a quinton treadmill was working out yesterday when machine stoped and on screen said fault detected and just kept turning off and on
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you today.

Does the belt move at all anymore or is it just turning on and off by itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just turns off and on its own
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Steve,

Does it give you an error code to indicate which fault type it is?

It sounds like the Controller board is failing but it's a very expensive part to replace. Remove the Console and reseat all plugs and ribbon cables that you can find then try to power on again. Does the error go away or stay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi carl it says error detected do i take the panel off the front where it all lights up or at the back of the machine

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
The Console panel should come off as a whole then it should have screws that hold the front and back half together. We are just trying to gain access to the inside of the Console where the lights and what not are.
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see if you still needed any help. If you can spare a few seconds, please select from one of the Smiley Face Ratings above then press submit so that I am compensated for my time helping you.

Carl