carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My roger black treadmill has power going to it but the operating

Customer Question

My roger black treadmill has power going to it but the operating display panel doesn't come on. The incline facility works but nothing else.
Gerard/Belfast
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

I am sorry but the problem you have is often caused by a faulty motor board within the treadmill. The board is able to be repaired and there is a company in Wales that specialises in repair of treadmill boards.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.co.uk/test-and-repair-roger-black-motor-control-board.htm

If you wanted to attempt repairing the machine yourself, I will try and help you as much as I can.

Regards,

Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carl is there any advice you can give me on attempting to repair the treadmill myself.
Gerard
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gerard,

Is there any model numbers on the treadmill?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carl
Model number a
AG-12302 gold medal treadmill
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, Do you still have the user manual as it should have a parts diagram and it gives you and idea on how to disassemble the treadmill.

Once you have opened the treadmill you will be able to remove the motor board and inspect it for damage and I can talk you through some things to check with a multimeter. I will continue the search for a service manual, I have repaired motor boards before but I have never stripped a roger black treadmill.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carl I can't recall where the manual is but thanks for your help
Best wishes
Gerard
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
I have uploaded the user manual to here, I have still not managed to find a service manual.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/AG12302%20-%20Gold%20Treadmill.doc