treadmillguru
treadmillguru, Technician
Experience:  Skilled fitness gym equipment service engineer with 17 years experience of service & repair.
53710374

hi i have a nordic track c2500 treadmill it has had two lots

Customer Question

hi i have a nordic track c2500 treadmill it has had two lots of motors and controller boards and still keeps cutting out, i cant work out whats wrong?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmillguru replied 2 years ago.
treadmillguru :

Hi there

treadmillguru :

if its had two motors and controllers its due to power consumption

treadmillguru :

are you using it on an extension cord?

treadmillguru :

the fault will be a worn running belt causing excessive current draw and making it cut out. How old is the machine?

Customer:

the machine is five years old, it is not plugged in through an extension cord, an engineer has looked at it already and says belt looks ok? any other idea

treadmillguru :

did the engineer do a current draw test?

treadmillguru :

At 5 years i would always say it needs a belt but have you lubricated it recently

treadmillguru :

Nordic trac's running belts are not great and wear out pretty fast best way to tell is to put your hand under it WHEN TURNED OFF and feel the underside of the belt

treadmillguru :

if it isn't perfectly smooth and slippy then its worn and causing the power draw

treadmillguru :

PS was it an icon engineer that came out? As they are pretty useless sorry to say

Customer:

he said the motor is drawing 18 amps and that apparently is to high? he was from uk gym repair

Customer:

icon said it may need a filter aswell? apparently its about £50 bit i dont know what it is?

treadmillguru :

its called an emi filter and it is there to filter out spikes in the power supply. It wouldn't burn out motors and controllers that is only caused by current draw. Have you ever lubricated the belt? How much use does it get?

treadmillguru :

Hi do you still need help?

Customer:

hi i havent lubricated the belt, what do i use? yeh it does get used a lot

treadmillguru :

you need to use silicone lubricant ill post a link in a sec

treadmillguru :

it goes under the belt and will reduce the power consumption. If you use it, it will stop the machine cutting out.

Customer:

i forgot to mention aswell, since new motors and controllers fitted, display on console flickers slightly aswell

treadmillguru :

ok thats a bit unusual. that may be a loose connection. does it stop the console working?

treadmillguru :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Treadmill-Silicone-Oil-Lubricant-250ml-/121383364515?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_ExerciseFitness_Treadmills_JN&hash=item1c430327a3

treadmillguru :

thats a link to ebay for treadmill silicone. it will resolve the problem. you only need to use it about every couple of months and a bottle should last about a year for less that £10

treadmillguru :

But do think about replacing the belt as they only last around 5 years in a home. belt is around £50-70

treadmillguru :

where are you based?

treadmillguru, Technician
Experience: Skilled fitness gym equipment service engineer with 17 years experience of service & repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in a place called towcester in northsmptonshire, i will change the belt. where csn i get one as icon no longer sell it? can i contact you again if further help needed, can i have your email and number?