treadmillguru
treadmillguru, Technician
Experience:  Skilled fitness gym equipment service engineer with 17 years experience of service & repair.
53710374

My York Fitness Aspire Treadmill 51110 will not switch on.

Customer Question

My York Fitness Aspire Treadmill 51110 will not switch on. No lights on the console. Power leads and fuses ok.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmillguru replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

hi there

Customer:

is the safety key in place?

Customer:

there is two things it can be one is the safety key and more likely it is the motor control circuit board under the hood next to the motor. Sometimes it fails and doesn't put power to the console. If this is the case then you need to order a new motor control board from york. It is £68 inc vat and shipping. DO you need the phone number and part number?

Customer :

Yes please!

Customer :

How would I know that it might be the circuit board?

Customer:

is the magnetic safety key on the console?

Customer:

red thing with a string from it

Customer :

Yes it is!

Customer :

Hi! Is anyone there?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

well that being the case it will be the motor control board has failed.

Customer:

york customer service number is 0844(###) ###-####and ask for a motor control board. you will need the serial number whicj is next to the on off switch

Customer :

Ok! Thank you very much!

Customer:

you are welcome if you have any problems with fitting it just contact me and I will talk you through it