Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

, I have a motorized treadmill. It was recently moved and

Customer Question

, I have a motorized treadmill. It was recently moved and had to be taken apart to get in the room. I used it once and it worked fine. Second time the power comes on, but the treadmill doesn't move. It worked very briefly again once, but since then the same problem - power in the machine but the treadmill (belt) doesn't move. Do you think this could be easily fixed? Is it worth paying around £65 to get someone to look at it?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Sounds like an issue with the Motor Control Board. What is the model number or the Treadmill?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its an American Fitness treadmill. I can't find a model number anywhere, not even in the manual. The first page has Z8-A78_0603C written in the bottom corner: that's the only thing remotely looking like it could be a model number. Can the motor control board be easily repaired?

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Typically they are just replaced as they normally fail on a micro scale and they are cheaper to replace than to repair. Can you find a part # ***** the Board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are boards Fitness machines easy to access? Roughly how much would one cost? What total bill (including labour) could I be looking at?

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
I would need to know the exact part # ***** the board in order to access that. These boards can have a wide price range.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll have to try and find that in the morning. Will get back to you.

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
No problem, I'll be here tomorrow as well.