michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have had my v fit treadmill . It worked perfectly

Customer Question

I have had my v fit treadmill for years. It worked perfectly yesterday. Today it does just not turn on when switched on - Does this sound familiar?
Many thanks from frustrated non-exerciser!
Mrs A hellier
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  michelleclive replied 8 months ago.
Hi Anna my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. Rate only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.
Unplug he power cable of the treadmill and check for any damage, most of the times it gets stuck under the elevation level under the motor and the cable tends to get stuck and damage.Now you may check the power outlet by connecting any electronic equipment to confirm there power wall socket is good. If you are using a surge protector then try to connect the treadmill directly in the wall socket just to make sure the treadmill gets direct power and make sure the power switch on the wall and the teadmill is on.
fi the cable it good there will be power on the board inside and you will see some led lights glowing on the inside.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi - The cable and power supply are god - i will unscrew the cover to the board to see the lights inside
please be careful in touching anyting inside. If you have a voltmeter we can check the power is coming in or not.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The LED lights are not working
do you see power on the main board of the motor controller?
there are few safety fuse which you can locate and check them if they are blown.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok but how?
you would need a voltmeter to check the fuses did you located the ac power input cable where it connecting there must be a controller board where you can see fuse.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes i can see the controller board - this will take me an hour or so - can i get back to you then?
yes you can however all you have to make sure that the power cable must not be connected while removing the fuse bare hands take care of shock hazard.Let me know how it goes.