George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Technician
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I wanted to find out if the new treadmill I bought is faulty.

I wanted to find out if the new treadmill I bought is faulty. The belt got a tear in after a couple of months and the company said it was my fault due to misalignment, but when i've taken the belt off along with the motor cover, i've noticed a large crack which is causing a part to lean closer to the belt and thus tearing it. I need an expert opinion on whether this is a manufacturing defect or if it is indeed my fault
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Images attached
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mitesh, my name is***** that roller a fixed position roller or is it forward/backward adjustable?Is there a crack at both sides of the structural part in question? Can you provide me with another wider image of the roller without the mat attached please. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,Thanks for your response. I believe the front roller is a fixed position one and the back one is adjustable from what I can tell//see. Attached are some more images of the front, are these what you need or another type of image?Mitesh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry and yes the crack is on both sides
What is holding the roller on the right hand side? .. I can't see from the image produced.
What is going on in the circled area of your image.. is this disconnected or broken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing seems broken, even with the tear in the belt, it turned around. I have attached some more images. It's a large screw holding the roller on the right side, it might have moved slightly because I had to loosen it to remove the belt.Attached are more images
Thank you for all the images Mitesh and I apologise for all the questions and requests for futher images, but as you can understand, I needed all the information to be able to advise you. From all the photos you have supplied and from the descriptions you have given, I can advise you that in my opinion you do have a faulty product.The fracture of the subframe should not have happened in any occurance, however, in requesting further images I was looking for an atributable cause.. This being non-evident only points to the structure being at fault at built-point. I advise that you contact the manufacturer or retailer of the product and let them know what I have advised you.. Notwithstanding this, I advise that you produce the photographs that you have shown me. Production of replacement photographs were originals are no clear and in focus can only advance your case. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your help George, it was really informative! If they require a letter from you, would you be willing to write it (in case I may need to escalate it further if they refuse to rectify the situation)?Thanks